Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Reiki Day 25 - Hidden Messages in Water

At my Reiki teacher's recommendation, I checked out of the library "The Hidden Messages in Water" by Masaru Emoto. Dr Emoto has studied the crystals formed in water from all over the world and under all sorts of circumstances. He has particularly focused on the effects of resonances - chemical, emotion, energy, prayer, sound, anything he could think of and test.

Three key things: (my wording in all cases)
- the most perfect and complete crystals are formed by the combination of love and gratitude;
- frequency resonance and disruptions are ubiquitous (e.g. changes in atmosphere by a person entering the room);
- large scale resonance transcends distance (e.g. the initial invasion of the first Gulf War appearing in his research results before he read the headlines).

Dr Emoto's conclusion: "I only ask that you listen to and absorb what water has to say--to all of humankind, and to you."

_________________


I wish I'd completed this little book a day or two ago so I could have pondered to the accompaniment of the torrential downpours we've had recently. : )

Some random thoughts and early reflections:
- Bringing a group of people into consensus is like a crystal forming. The first structure appears and then the whole body finds itself in formation. (Warning! The same must hold true for groupthink.)
- I have been debating with my father what drives human motivations. I'm going to have to think about resonance effects to see how that impacts the basic arguments.
- "Resonance" clearly resonated with me throughout the whole book - far out of proportion to how Dr Emoto used it. Yeah, the pictures were pretty, but the words and descriptions of vibration effects practically shouted at me from the page. : )
- "Love and gratitude" is probably what most people would key into, but that was my major insight the first use of Reiki after attunement and in combining Reiki with prayer. This book didn't add into any of that for me.


_________________


Into the Present Moment - Track 15, "Make Me A Blessing":

Lord, make me a blessing to those that I meet
And make me a blessing as I walk down the street.
Oh make me a blessing this day e'en this hour.
Lord, make me a blessing; it lies in Your pow'r.

Lord, make me a blessing at work and at home
And make me a blessing wherever I roam.
Oh make me a blessing, that people may see
That I am a blessing for You are with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment