Thursday, January 14, 2010

Reiki Week 15 - Spirit Guides

I'm not sure what I believe about spirit guides. They might be actual spirits. They might be some inner aspect of myself projected as a separate entity for convenience. They might be imaginary friends. In any case, they seem to be a pretty common experience. There is something there even if we don't know it's nature.

Back on Reiki Day 20, I commented that my long time spirit guide had identified himself and I was having to adjust to the idea. What I had sensed over the prior couple of weeks was a presence standing guard over me, creating a safe zone. The presence felt familiar, like the imaginary friend/spirit guide/sometime companion I'd had since my early 20's. After establishing that link, it morphed and the association was the archangel, Saint Michael.

Having an archangel personally stand guard for one is a pretty daunting idea.

The presence never does anything but stand guard for me, though he seems attentive in his protection. I've gotten used to the idea and even talked with a couple of others who felt the presence of one or more archangels while doing Reiki.

Anyway, I bring it up now because he's changing again. St Michael is giving way to St Gabriel. I don't know if I'm secure enough in my energy boundaries to no longer need to set a watch and am ready to start learning the next thing or what.

And I'm not sure what to make of the morphing business.

1 comment:

  1. More input toward spirit guide business: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html (Note, "genius" here is the classical mythology sense, not the modern intelligence sense.)

    ReplyDelete